Name: Succession Planning Peer Group
Date: January 14, 2021
Time: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM EST
Family business often has special characteristics and needs that will affect the determination of which entity is best. This session will include discussion of the following:
- Hear the reasons why LLC’s are preferred for owning real estate
- Understand why Ohio corporations need shareholder and director minutes
- What is “piercing the corporate veil” and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the benefits of subsidiaries in a family owned business?
Generously sponsored by Morgan Stanley
It is never too early to think about succession planning in a family owned business! This dynamic monthly peer group is facilitated by Bea Wolper of Emens & Wolper Law Firm, Thaddeus OBrien of OBrien & Associates, and Meredith Sugar of Taft Law. They provide a forum to discuss all aspects of succession planning - from inter-family dynamics to strategic planning - in interactive sessions that will provide the foundation for transitioning your family business to the next generation. This program is not just for founders/owners attending together with successors or next gens is very important and beneficial.
Please register in advance:
After you register, an email will be sent to you from ZOOM with log-in information for the meeting.
* If you are new to ZOOM, you can test your device here: https://zoom.us/test